Become a Member
Membership in TCAS is open to anyone with a demonstrated interest in arbitration who will support the objectives of the organization. To be a Full Member, experience in the field is also required, through practice as counsel, arbitrator, expert or academic participation. Membership is handled by the Finance and Membership Committee.
In order to be considered for membership in TCAS, the application form must be completed and submitted. On acceptance of this application by the Executive Committee, membership will become effective upon payment of the applicable membership fee per the following levels:
Having trouble signing up, editing your profile, or forgot your username or password? Read our support guide here.
- FULL MEMBER $200.00:
- (a) Individuals having a designation equivalent to or higher than the Qualified Arbitrator designation conferred by the ADR Institute of Canada (ADRIC) (e.g., Qualified Arbitrator (Q. Arb.) or Chartered Arbitrator (C. Arb.) from ADRIC, or Membership (MCIArb) or Fellowship (FCIArb) in the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators);*
- (b) Lawyers in good standing who demonstrate a minimum of 2 years of experience in practising or managing domestic or international commercial arbitration; or
- (c) Individuals who are active participants, or who have a strong interest in, the commercial arbitration process, demonstrated through a minimum of 2 years of experience engaging with domestic or international commercial arbitration processes, organizations, courses or conferences.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER $100.00: Individuals who do not meet any of the criteria of Full Membership or who otherwise opt for Associate status.**
- YOUNG ASSOCIATE $75.00: Individuals who do not meet any of the criteria of Full Membership or who otherwise opt for Associate status, who are also 35 years of age or younger as at the date of membership or renewal.**
* Only Full Members with a recognized designation shall have the right to be listed on the TCAS website’s roster of arbitrators.
**Only Full Members in good standing shall have the right to vote at meetings or hold a position in TCAS, including on the Executive Committee.
For full membership criteria and guidelines, see Article 3 of the TCAS Constitution, available here
Personal and Contact Information Note: Unless you advise otherwise, submission of your application for membership (or renewal thereof) will constitute your authorization for TCAS to: (i) post your name and contact information on the TCAS website; and, (ii) share your information with organizations that the TCAS Executive Committee deems appropriate.